Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Summer has begun....

And so has my crazy schedule. The beginning of the month, my summer class (Nursing Transitions) was opened up online. It is an 8 week class, and it looks like it will consume a lot of my time. Last weekend, Jeremy and I went to Colorado (probably my last vacation for a while) to help my mom out with her garage sale. Well, I actually told her that I would run the sale if she payed for my plane ticket. We bought Jeremys and the flight was super cheap - $137 round trip. We had a great time with my family. My mom worked, Ashleigh had school, Austin was at football camp and Adam stayed home. He helped quite a bit with the sale, getting things set up and broken down. The week before I went out there, it had rained quite a bit, so I was hoping for some nice weather. Friday was the first day of the sale and it was cloudy for a bit in the morning, but the sun came out! By the end of the day the clouds started rolling in and it started raining just as we got everything put away. I ended up getting sun burned, I didn't put on sunscreen. Saturday was another day, we also planned to celebrate my birthday that night. After the sale, we got ready to go eat (my choice) so we ate at Mt. Fuji, a sushi and habachi grill. The whole family went and we had a great time. IT was nice to celebrate my birthday with them, I haven't done that in about 6 years! My mom got me 2 kitting magazines and also some money to buy 2 things I was wanting to get. On Sunday, we did the sale for half of a day and then planned to celebrate an early fathers day with Mark (my moms boyfriend). My mom arranged with her kids that they would come to our house for a BBQ and surprise him. Mark knew we were having a BBQ, but he didn't know that his kids were coming. It was neat to see his face when they got there. I think he truly was surprised. We enjoyed hanging out and had a great time!
Monday was our lazy day, we went to LePeep for breakfast and then went back to the house and hung out for a bit. The boys (Adam and Austin) really enjoy Jeremy, they all three like to play world of war craft and it was cute to watch Austin ask Jeremy about certain things. We got home late on Monday night and it was "back to reality"
This week has been good, work is good and busy and I've just been getting adjusted to this nursing class I'm taking. Jeremy and I are making plans for my birthday. It looks like we will be celebrating on Saturday with dinner at Johnny Carinos and then midnight bowling! I love bowling and have been doing that same thing for the past few years. More blogs soon to come!
Oh and here are a few pictures from my trip to Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment