Tuesday, June 23, 2009

3 years and counting

Today was our 3 year anniversary. We both took the day of and spent time together. We both had a great time today and we are not exhausted.
I had a dentist appointment this morning to get some fillings put on my teeth that had areas of sensitivity. Before I left, Jeremy had a bunch of website places pulled up on his computer, and asked what I would like to do. Things ranged from going to the arbuckle wilderness, turner falls, red pin bowling, haunted house. I decided on Red Pin bowling lounge, Oklahoma history museum and then dinner at the haunted house.

We left the house about 12:30 and headed downtown for bowling and lunch. We took the motorcycle, so it was hot, but the breeze felt really nice. Bowling was OK, I didn't really like the bowling alley.

After bowling, we headed to the museum. It was both of our first times there. It was neat to learn about Oklahoma History. We visited the rock and roll exhibit and that was really cool as well. They showcased a lot of great bands that were from OK. Hanson was part of their exhibit, and of course I took lots of pictures of them because my sister is obsessed, so I thought she might like to "pretend" she was there. We were done at the museum around 3:20, and our dinner reservation wasn't until 6pm, so Jeremy suggested that we go to the race track or the movie theater. I decided we could go to the theater and catch the next movie that was playing. We arrive and it's 3:40, Night at the museum started at that time and Land of the Lost started at 3:45. My vote was for Night at the Museum 2, but Jeremy absolutely didn't want to see that movie at all, so we were forced to see Land of the Lost. The move only cost us $7 total for both tickets. I DO NOT recommend that anyone go see this movie - it was THE worst movie EVER!

After the movie, we still had about 20 minutes before our dinner reservation, so I suggested to Jeremy that we just drive around for a bit. We went to the race track, which was across the street, and he stops in a huge parking lot and asks me if I want to learn to drive the motorcycle. I say "yes" but I didn't know anything about shifting or what I needed to do. He gave me a crash course about the clutch, the gas and the break and the shifter. He sat on the back and I was on the seat. It felt awkward because I felt that the bike was going to tip over and it was hard to balance it. I went about 10 feet and didn't stall at all the first time I tried! The second time I stalled, but by then it was time to go to dinner.

Dinner at the haunted house was great - as usual. Nice, quiet, really good food.

Now we are back home for the evening. We had a great anniversary day! I am looking forward to learning to drive the bike more often ;-) and I am also looking forward to another great year of marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment