Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Another year come and gone

It seems that this year I have had 3 birthday celebrations. The one I blogged about before this one, I celebrated on my actual Bday and then again this past Saturday. Thursday (my bday) was a great day. I started the day being showered with birthday wishes, first from Jeremy and then from Dad and Twila, and that was about it. I was at work for a few hours and got a few wishes from a few more people. About lunch time, Jeremy called me and asked me where I wanted to go, I replied "Victorias" If you have never been there, I highly recommend it. They are THE best Italian restaurant EVER! They make all their pasta from scratch and it is AMAZING! I had this really awesome pasta dish (it was the special) and for dessert I had key lime cheesecake (HOMEMADE) and also on the house cause it was my birthday. I get back to work about about 30 mins later, my boss asks me if I want ice cream from braums...well....I can't resist braums! So I say OK, I would like a single dip heath bar sundae. She comes back with a double dip. She ordered a single one and they gave her a double. YUMMY! I ended up eating most of it. If that wasn't enough, we had our weekly marketing meeting at work and the marketing team bought me a YUMMY chocolate cake. This was THE BEST chocolate cake I have ever had. And, it came from target. The cake was moist and the icing was whipped cream. Let me tell you, I had 2 pieces, yep...2 pieces. I really didn't need any more to eat after I had the ice cream, but who can resist chocolate cake? So by the time 5pm rolled around, I was FULL. I couldn't eat anymore. I ended up getting a few more birthday wishes from my siblings, my dad, and my mom. I asked Jeremy earlier in the day if he had bought my birthday present and he replied that he had not. So I asked him if we could just go shopping for clothes because I was in need of a few more summer clothes. We met at the mall and shopped for a few hours and then Jeremy was getting hungry (while I was still full) so we went to Pizza hut for dinner. I just got a sald. After I got home, I decided that I didn't want to eat for another week becuase I was so FULL.
Saturday night was the night of my birthday celebration with friends. The tradition is that we usually got midnight bowling. We arranged to go to dinner at Johnny Carinos and then off to the bowling alley. Its actually kind of nice because we usually have a big crowd turn up for my celebration. This time, we had Becky, Duane, Riley (their baby), Tim and Julie. Time and Julie havn't been out to celebrate my birthday for about the last 4 years or so. The 6 1/2 of us went to dinner and then we went bowling. Becky and Duane couldn't make it because Riley started having a melt down. :-( So it was just the 4 of us! We had a great time. It was an early night, we ended up leaving about 1pm. So I think next year I might do something a little different for my birthday.

1 comment: