Monday, July 20, 2009

Snickering...

This weekend went by entirely too fast. Saturday I worked at the yarn store and then met with some friends for dinner at Teds, we then headed to the mont to hang out on the patio and enjoy the heat. I was tired from only getting a few hours of sleep the night before, that I was home by midnight. Jeremy didn't get home until a little later, but we were both able to sleep in. I slept until 9:30 and Jeremy until noon. It has been a really long time since I have slept in that long. All I can say is, It was nice. I was able to get the rest of my homework done and then spent the rest of the day being leisurely. I was available to do visits that day for work, and I ended up seeing 1 patient.

Today at work, we were busy. The day seemed to fly by, which was nice. After I ate lunch, I went to the scrub store and bought my scrub tops for school, white and boring! My uniform is blue pants with white tops. I discovered today that I will probably need to buy a white shirt for underneath my tops, cause they are a little see through. After the scrub store, I went to braums and got a double dip ice cream cone. I ate a few bites before leaving there, got in my car and proceeded to eat some more, next thing you know, I have ice cream dribbled down the front of my shirt! Yep! And the best part is, I had to do an inservice a little later in the afternoon. I manage to finish my cone back at the office, and clean my shirt off so I looked presentable for my inservice.

The marketing rep picks me up at the office and we get to the nursing home. The inservice topic was perineal care. Yes, pericare. I copied information out of my nursing book and highlighted a few things, and then came up with some questions (I did all this before the inservice). They wanted me to talk for about 30-45 minutes about pericare. Well if you have ever had to do this, it doesn't take very long to talk about it, especially with people who do it all the time. I managed to talk for about 30 minutes (questions and all). I found it kind of amusing that people snickered when I used the words "labia" and "penis", yes, grown adults snickered when those words were used.

My life is never dull!

2 comments:

  1. I guess some words will always seem funnier than others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Some people never grow up....I may be one of them!

    ReplyDelete