Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Laziness has hit our house

and hard!
This summer I have been taking a class for my nursing program - Transitions in Nursing. Basically it's a sum up of the 1st and 2nd semesters of the nursing program. Since I am going right into the 3rd semester, this was a requirement for the program. I have really enjoyed this class. We have mainly done a lot of careplans a discussions. The last week of class we discussed "Health Maintenance and promotion" Nurses seem to make a big impact on people and their health decisions. Our last assignment of the semester was do to a Health Promotion Assignment. We had to find a client and ask them questions related to their health, and then they had to pick the biggest area that needed improvement and have goals and rewards for those goals. I chose Jeremy. His goal is to work out 17 days in a row (before going to work), because if you do something 17 times, it becomes a habit (those were Jeremy's words). He plans on starting this after his vacation in August. All of his goals, except 2, include me helping him with stuff, like washing his car and motorcycle, cleaning out his car, etc. Doing this assignment, I realized that we are both LAZY, and we don't really have a good excuse for it.
In the beginning of the year, Jeremy used his work rewards points to get me a Wii fit, I used it for about a month, and then quit. I could tell that i have gained some weight in the past month or so, and with starting nursing school in 3 1/2 weeks, I was getting worried about gaining even more weight. So.....this whole assignment and realization has sparked me to start working out, utilizing the wii fit and try to eat a little healthier.

Last night was Day 1
I bought a new workout game for the WII - Jillian Michaels Ultimate workout. I got home, charged up the wiimotes, and then started with the wii fit, and found that I gained 5 pounds in 3 months. I mainly want to lose a few pounds and then tone up, get a 6 pack flat stomach and get my upper body strength. I did my WII age and it was 27! 1 year less than my actual age. After doing that, I did the Jillian Michaels workout. It was good. Just going to take some getting used to. I burned about 150 calories last night, not bad, but could be better. My plan is to workout every day, for 17 days, and then maybe it will be a habit ;-) My sister and I are going to hold each other accountable for working out, even though she lives in Colorado and I live here. I called her last night when I was done working out to let her know what I did! She was proud of me, and she also let me know the workouts she had done.

I feel really good today, was not tired when I woke up, and felt like I had some energy. I plan on working out tonight again after my test. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment