Saturday, July 18, 2009

Eventful Week

Jeremy's week of vacation officially came to an end this morning, he had to go to work :-( I do have to say that he got lots of stuff fixed around the house, so I am a happy wife :-D. The dishwasher got fixed first, then the yard got mowed (after about 1 1/2 months, it was really bad), he bought the garage door, which cost us nothing, thanks to birthday gift cards from my favorite father and mother in law. His car got fixed after about 3 days of trying to get the engine unflooded and the battery charged up again. The garage door got installed and he thinks he got my car fixed. My brother told me that I should drain the radiator fluid out and replace it, so I told Jeremy that and he did. Upon doing that, he noticed that the fan in my far was not spinning. He tells me yesterday that he thinks he got my car fixed. Keep your fingers crossed that he did, and I'll find out today when I go to work.

Last night we went out with our friends. One of our friends, Amy, was in town for the weekend. She used to live in OKC but moved to Dallas and travelled for her job about 2 years ago. It was nice to hang out with everyone. We met for happy hour, then went to Iron Starr for dinner, then off to midtown deli and then the dougout. Dinner at the Iron Starr was OK. It is not my favorite place to eat. The food is really spicy and just has different flavors, but Jeremy and some of our other friends really like it.

Work has been really hectic for me. I see patients 2 days a week for wound care, and then other visits if needed. I am really enjoying seeing patients again, and it's getting me really excited to start nursing school. I get overwhelmed sometimes when I am out of the office a lot and then I have to come back to the office and play catch up. But, I don't mind.

School is almost done (for the semester). Thank God! I have to take a test this week. I can take it anytime this week and I think I'm going to try to take it on Wednesday. It is our careplanning test. So far, I have gotten A's on all my practice care plans for this class. I am really looking forward to my break from school. I'm getting a little nervous about how I'm going to pay for nursing school. I can't get a student loan because I have too many credit hours (it's a 2 year school) so I have to call the school on Monday to set up a time to talk to the counselor to see if there are any other options, especially since I'm in the nursing program. I am also waiting to hear back about the scholarship I applied for. I'm sure everything will work out, I'm just a little scared.

Today will be a busy day for me. I am working at the yarn store, then off to dinner at Ted's and I might be going home after dinner, as I still have an assigment for school I need to complete.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to know I am not the only one who is overwhelmed this summer. I'm glad you got things fixed in your house, that is a huge load off the to do list. Take care!

    ReplyDelete