Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Winter Storm

On January 26th, we started getting word that we would be having a winter storm coming. It started to sleet, so we closed the office early. I got to leave work at 3:30, went out to the car, and there was about 2 inches of thick ice on the cars. It took me 30 minutes to get the car defrosted and at the point where I could safely drive home. So I get home and am trying to get up the driveway. After 4 attempts, I call Jeremy and let him know that I can't get up into the garage, he said to just leave the car in the driveway and he would take care of it when he got home. So I put the car in park, turned it off and put the brake on. Well the car started sliding down the driveway. Well, I didn't think that was a good idea, so I turned the car back on, backed up out of the driveway and I actually made it up the driveway!!! I was supposed to go into work at 10 on tuesday. I got up about 7:45 for my conference call @ 8. I looked outside and the ground was everything was covered with snow! I couldn't believe it - it barely snows here. I decided since Jeremy was off work, that he might be able to take me to work. I woke him up abou 8:15 (on his day off) and asked him to take me to work. So he gets up, I get ready and we get in the car and start toward work. It takes us about 10 mins to get 2 miles, and we got a little stuck twice. I called my boss to let her know that I wouldn't be in. Jeremy turned around and we went back home and got to spend the day together trapped at the house!!!
This pic was taken on Tuesday before I left to attempt to go to work.

Today was a much better day, lots of snow piles everywhere. The snow reminds me of living in Colorado (although its nothing like what Colorado gets). I can't wait until the weather gets a little warmer, I'm ready for winter to be over!

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you had to miss work with this little amount of snow! OMG!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael's truck slid out of the driveway too! He ended parking on the street. Unfotunately, he couldn't call in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sissy. After living in Colorado and all their snow you could not drive in 2 inches in OK. My goodness, you're not in D.C where they freak out over even an inch of snow.

    Pack some salt or cat litter and a snow shovel in both your vehicles so you'll be prepared for the next 2 inches.

    Uncle Mark

    ReplyDelete