Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bowling etiquette

Jeremy and I went bowling a few weeks ago, per my request. I LOVE bowling! My mom was on a bowling league while we were growing up and we LOVED going and hanging out with her league while they bowled. We would occasionally go bowling with my mom, in which she would teach and instruct us of how to bowl. We always had a good time. My brother and I started going to midnight bowling after we moved to Colorado, and it seemed that became our past time for a while.

In my recent times of bowling - I have discovered that not everyone is aware of lane etiquette. With mine and Jeremy's most recent bowling trip, I became increasingly annoyed with the fact that parents don't/aren't teaching their kids lane etiquette. I am stoked to be bowling again - the first time in almost 4 months, well I get my ball, stand on the lane and am focused on where I am going to throw the ball, when all of a sudden, this crazy kid on the lane next to me comes flying out of no where and throws his ball down the lane.This continued for a while, and finally the parents said something to the kids after I made a big deal about it. So the etiquette of bowling is:
1. Don't hover around the balls/lane when it's not your turn
2. DON'T bowl when someone else is getting ready to bowl!!!!!!
If everyone were to follow these two simple rules, it would make everyone's bowling experience a plesant one.

No comments:

Post a Comment