Saturday, January 3, 2009

Dinner with Friends

Last night Jeremy and I went to dinner with Michael, Chandra, Alisyn and Piper. Since Jeremy and I had a remaining gift card for On the Border, we decided to go there for dinner. We got there first, and told them there would be 6 of us - and they said they were getting our table ready right now. That's a first - going to a restaurant at 7:15 on a friday night, with a party of 6 and getting seated right away! Wow, I was impressed. It's always great to see Michael and Chandra - It's amazing how quick kids grow up. Alisyn is 2 1/2 years old, and she is growing up so quick. She speaks so well and it's so awesome to watch her interact with Jeremy. She LOVES Jeremy! Piper is 4 1/2 months and she is growing like a weed. Most babies seem to change looks quite a bit during their first year - well Piper looks about the same - she just keeps getting taller!
So we order our dinner, talk and enjoy the company and then our food comes. Well mine is the last to show up and in true tradition - the ramekin of beans is half full and my grilled red pepper has the sticker still on it. I am kinda shocked about the beans, but just laugh it off. When the waitress comes back to our table, I asked her "Is this a normal portion of beans" and she asked me if that was how it came, and I told her "Yes" and then I proceeded to show her the vegetable that had the sticker still on it. She said she could make me a whole new plate and I just told her I would like a full ramekin of beans. Well she brings me a bowl of beans and the manager comes over and he asked if everything was OK, and I told him that it was. It was really funny because Michael looked at me and said "You do have bad luck" Yep! That's me - I have bad luck - all the time! They ended up comping my meal - which was nice and unexpected. Anyways, we finished our dinner and parted ways - Jeremy and I headed home to relax the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment