Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Time to play catch up

This weekend was very eventful. Friday night, Jeremy and I went to his grandparents house to see his dad, Twila, sister and brother. We had a nice dinner and then hung out for a while. Since we had the BBQ the next day, I made my potato salad at their house so I would not have to get up early the next morning to make it. We got home probably about midnight or so.

The next morning, we slept in (which was really nice) and then we went to the family BBQ (we were really celebrating his grandparents 60th wedding anniversary which was in April). The entire family was there, minus a few people. There was about 33 people (including kids). We all gathered at Brian's house, he grilled hamburgers and hot dogs, and there was tons of food. It was nice to sit around and talk and hang out with everyone. After a while, we had some cake (compliments of Voni) and homemade ice cream (compliments of Aunt Sherry). I had not had homemade ice cream in a really long time, and let me tell you, it was delicious!!!

Later in the day, Larry and Twila left to go to his reunion of the 70's, the rest of the cousins stayed behind. We decided to play a game of spoons. There was 12 to start with and there could only be 2 winners. Me and Michelle. We are the spoons champions!!! This was the most vicious game of spoons I have ever played. Blood was shed, bruises were had, scratches happened and there were many instances of people jumping across the table to get a spoon. In the end, there could only be 2 winners (co-champions). Michelle and I made the Masons' proud.

After that, Me, Jeremy, Michelle and Walter came back to our house and then went out for a while. We made a taco bell run at about 2:30 in the morning, in which we ended up going through the drive thru twice. We ended up back at our house and went to sleep about 4 in the morning. We had to get up to be back at the grandparents house by 10am for breakfast, so essentially we only got a few hours of sleep. Sunday we hung around the house, played the wii, Jeremy kicked everyones butt at golf, then we bowled, and then went to dinner at Tarahumaras. That evening we enjoyed card games (you call it poker). That was also fun.

Monday was the day of my brothers bone marrow test. I was a nervous wreck. I am so thankful to have a wonderful work support system, I feel very helpless not being near my family in Colorado. His test went well, they won't have any results for about 7-10 days, he has a follow up appointment on the 24th and the doc said he would call my mom if he needed to come in sooner. I really hope they figure out what is going on, and start treatment. He is supposed to start school this week, but he will be staying home for a bit until they figure out the cause of his illness. My mom is scared to death that he will get sick, if he goes back to school. His WBC count is still 1200. He has been taking it easy.

That evening, after I found out that the procedure went well, I started to feel better and not be so nervous. Jeremy and I went golfing with Larry and Twila, and I felt that was really nice and relaxing for me. We played a scramble game and I forgot what our final score was, but we did pretty well.

Larry and Twila left the next day, Jeremy took them to the airport, since he is on vacation. I'm not sure when they will be back, but hopefully it is soon!!!

I think that is it on the updates. Please keep my family in your thoughts as we try to figure out what is wrong with my brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment