Monday, August 24, 2009

AA Meetings...

Tonight I went to an AA meeting as a requirement for part of my clinical experience for my nursing program. It was quite interesting. There were people there that had been sober for years, months, and even only a month. There were some people there that looked like they were still drinking, but were trying to recover. I enjoyed listening to everyones stories and experiences. Now, I get to write a paper on this experience.

I am very proud of myself, in the aspect that I am trying to be proactive about my school stuides. I am usually the type of person who waits until the last minute to do anything, but when I did my summer class, I decided that I needed to always get my assignments done as early in the week as possible, and I ended up with an A in the class. I have had the same approach with my classes this semester. I have am halfway done with my readings for class this week, I attended my AA class, which my paper isn't due until next week, and I got all the stuff for my online class done, which isn't due until next sunday. In addition to the above, I have started working out 3 times a week, and this week I will be aiming for 4-5 times. I have also started eating healty, I have been bringing my lunch to work, and eating healty snacks throughout the day. I started doing these things before I started school, with the intention that I would have the energy to do the nursing program, but also to be a little more healthy. I am happy to say that I have lost a few pounds in the process and have noticed my mucles taking on some defination. Jeremy has also started working out, he is working out every day before he goes to work. It's nice that we are both able to do that together in the morning.

I start school on Wednesday, and I am very excited. I know I keep saying that, but I really feel that way. Even though I know that I will be busy, I know that the end result will be worth it. I don't feel overwhelmed, like I think I should, I am just taking everything one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment