Thursday, April 2, 2009

I passed

As most of you know, I am trying to apply to nursing school. My first choice is OU. In order to get in there I had to take a series of NLN exams. These were 3 different exams that tested over 4 different subject areas - 1. Care of the Adult Client 2. Care of the Client with Mental Disorders 3. Care of the child and 4. Care of the client during childbearing. I studied for the tests and took them in early March. We were told by OU, that the hardest of all the tests was the Mental Health test. I thought it was really hard, and thought that I might not have passed that portion of the test. Today I get my test results, with a letter explaining the scores, etc. You have to pass each section with a decision score of 95 or higher. I passed the adult portion with a score of 96, and the mental health portion with a decision score of 100! I was schocked...the area that I thought I didn't pass, I did the best in. With that being said, I scored a 94 on care of the child (1 point away) and really bad on the childbearing part. So, my plan is to re-take those 2 sections next week, study, study and study some more for those tests. I am starting to get really excited about getting everything in order to finish my application for nursing school.
There are times when all this stuff gets overwhelming, but I manage to stay calm (most of the time) and I get through it. It's really exciting for me, I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel (for finishing school).
Most of this month will be spent studying and finishing my correspondence class and also my physiology class. Then in May, I'll be headed to Colorado to spend mothers day weekend with my mom. This will be the first time I've spend mothers day with her in about 7 years, I'm excited and she is excited as well. When I fly back to OK, my sister will be flying with me and will be here in OK with Jeremy and I for about 10 days. I am excited for her visit and can't wait to spend time with her. Jeremy and I have talked about going to Colorado together in June for a mini vacation, but we'll see how that pans out. I know that I will need some R&R before August - when I'll hopefully be starting nursing school!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment: