Sunday, May 23, 2010

Pinning, May 10th 2010

On May 10th, I was pinned as a nurse. This is something that all nursing programs do. The day leading up to the pinning was quite interesting.

I worked a half day. Came home and relaxed some. The weather started getting really bad and while I was getting ready, tornado sirens started going off. My family was wondering, "What the heck was going on" I called the school and made sure the pinning was still on, and they said it was. Before long, it started to hail, and the hail was the size of eggs. It was huge. Then a few tornadoes landed in the surrounding areas, and we watched the news to make sure we were in the clear.

About 6pm, we all headed to the school for my ceremony. I was a little nervous, but really excited, as I was going to be giving the speech. I was nominated and elected by my peers.

There ceremony went very well. Jeremy was unable to make it due to a work emergency, so my mom taped the speech. Here is the video and a few pics from the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment