Monday, May 11, 2009

Updates

The month rest of the month of April proved to be a really busy month. April the 17th, Jeremys grandpa was put in the hospital for having a blockage (something he has had before). On the day he was admitted to the hospital, while they were running tests, the doctor found a 7cm abdominal aortic aneursym. All we knew is that he would have to go through at least 2 surgeries. There were many factors that went into when he could have surgery - one main one being how well his kidneys were functioning. On Tuesday he had his first surgery - he was slowing making a recovery. On Friday they noticed that his WBC was very high, but he seemed fine. Next thing you know, they have to rush him into emergency surgery. He had a hernia and an infection in his bowel. After this surgery, they put him in ICU for 2 days and then he went to a progressive care unit. This recovery was not as speedy as everyone had hoped. Slowly he made progress, and was able to leave on Friday May 8th. Just when we thought things were good, it looks like he may have another hernia. He goes to the doctor today to have that checked out.

As for me, I've been really busy and a little stressed. School is almost over, thank goodnes! I have my final on Wednesday, and then I'll be done for a few weeks before I start my summer online class. About nursing school, I re-took my NLN exam for OU and still didn't pass the maternity portion (I got a 90) so that means I'll be starting at Rose State in the fall and then graduating in May of next year. I'm already looking into programs about getting my BSN straight out of graduating with my RN. I enjoy by job and am not really sure what I'll want to do when I graduate from school. Time will tell.

Jeremy is re-applying to the DM (District Manager) program. I hope this time around he will get a district. He has a new Regional Manager and his DM just took a position in Texas. Jeremy spoke with the new RM about applying for the DM position here in OK, but he was told that they don't promote directly to their current district. So basically, he would have to apply to another district. He is going to look for open positions in OK, Colorado, Utah and Florida. Those are the 3 top places we want to go due to having family there. Since his DM left, Jeremy and another DM candidate are sharing the DM responsibilites for the district. I think he is enjoying doing this.

Everything else seems to be going well. The dogs are getting big and the cats are still the same - lazy! We have been getting tons of rain, and it seems that the rain will never stop. It's supposed to rain for another week! I'm in Colorado, but tonight, Ashleigh and I are flying back to OK together and she will be with me for a week. Once I get back, I'll be posting pics and stuff from my weekend excursion to Colorado.

1 comment:

  1. I thought you have fallen off the face of this earth! I know you are busy, so are we. Hope everything ends up okay for Jeremy's grandpa.

    ReplyDelete