Sunday, May 17, 2009

Colorado Weekend

I was so excited to go to Colorado for a long weekend! I had a lot of fun and enjoyed spending time with my family. I think the last time I saw them was in October. My flight left the evening of May 7th. That night my sister picked me up from the airport and we met my mom at Dawn's (the lady that does her hair) I was going to get my hair done as well. I was really excited. I went in with the intent that she could do whatever she wanted to do. It seems that no matter what color highlights I put in my hair, they always turn red. It drives me crazy. Dawn asked about purples and I said that was fine. I was so stoked with the finished product.

That night we just went home and relaxe!d and went to bed early. The next day me, my mom and Ashleigh went to breakfast at LePeep (one of our favorite restaurants) and then my mom went to work while Ashleigh and I headed to the Southlands mall to shop. I was wanting/needing some new clothes, so we went to NY&Co (also another favorite) and a few other shops there. We then hit a local yarn store. I was very disappointed with the store. They didn't have a good inventory of yarn and it was really disorganized and dirty. After we left the yarn store, we headed to sonic to get our strawberry limeades ! Yummy! We then headed back to castle rock and had lunch with my mom. Then we were off to Target! We both found some great deals and just had fun wandering around the store. After that, we went back home and watched TV and relaxed. I made spaghetti for dinner, per Ashleigh's request. That was yummy too!
Saturday was the day I was least looking forward to, the day of cleaning out and organizing all the stuff for my moms garage sale for the following month. She took all us kids to breakfast that morning, then to walmart for groceries and then back home. I went out and took one look at the garage and just shook my head. I felt like I was in over my head. We ended up cleaning and organizing the garage in a matter of about 5 hours. In the meantime, my mom was going to make a roast for dinner and forgot to turn on the crockpot. We didn't end up eating until 8pm. After that, I met up with an old friend for some drinks and pool. We had a great time.
Sunday was mothers day. We didn't do anything special for breakfast because we were going to be going to lunch. Ashleigh and I took mom to the nail salon for manicures and pedicures. Ashleigh was very absorbed in reading her magazine, and my mom decided to paint each one of her nails a different color while we were waiting an open chair. It was really nice to just relax and enjoy some pampering time. After the pampering, we went back to the house and picked up the boys and Mark (moms boyfriend) and then we headed to Red Lobster. Ashleigh called the week before asking them if they took reservations or call ahead seating, they said they didn't, however they said their slow times were at 4pm and 8pm. So we got there right about 3pm just to ensure that we wouldn't have to wait too long. We put our name on the list and they told us it would be about 1 hour. So we sat down by the lobster tank and about 15 minutes later our table was ready. We really didn't expect to get to get seated so quickly. We ordered appetizers and dinner...I got 1 pound of crab legs and I was really in heaven. After dinner, my mom wanted to go see a movie. We went to see 17 again. The movie was only $5 per person, and Mark paid. :-) Once we paid and were about to go into the theater, the boys saw that X-Men Wolverine was playing and started just as we got there. They went to see that one instead. Me, mom, Ashleigh and Mark went to see 17 again. While we were waiting, Ashleigh entertained us with a fun mind game. After the movie, we just went home for another relaxing, yet fun evening. We played some more mind games and everyone laughed and had a great time.
Monday was the day that I had to come back to OK and Ashleigh was coming with me. That day my mom called in to work so we could spend the day together. It was really fun. Ashleigh and i had a nice flight back to OK.
Before I left, I told my mom that I would run her garage sale for her in June if she bought my plane ticket, so she did! I am excited to go back out there. It will be the weekend before my birthday and mom and I will get to celebrate with my family! I can't wait. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment