Saturday, February 19, 2011

The civic is bad luck

 


Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

The pictures you are seeing are a result of a sideswipe that happened on the 7th of this month. I was leaving the yarn store and turned right, into the right lane, and next thing I new, this man in a big white truck, turned left into the right lane (where I was at) and side swiped me. He pulled into the nearest parking lot, got out and asked me how the heck that happened. I looked at him and said, "I don't know, you were the one that hit me" I immediately got back in my car and called Jeremy to tell him what happened and that I would be late picking him up. He asked if I called the cops, and I told him not yet. He told me to call them. I called the cops and they told me they would get someone here as soon as they were available. I sat in my car and waited, meanwhile the guy that hit me paced back and forth the side of my car. I was annoyed and freaked out, so I called Jeremy back and asked him to get a ride over to where I was because this guy was creeping me out!! A few minutes later, he showed up. They guy that hit my car walked over to the tag agency for whatever reason. He finally came back out when Jeremy showed up. The cop showed up and started to ask what happened. The guy that hit me started to tell his side of the story and then looked at me to finish it. I politely told me side and the cop said he had to look at the damage on the cars to make a decision about liability. (well duh - it was clearly this other guys fault) As he finishes looking at both cars, the cop said he could either file a report or we could settle without one. The guy offered to pay for the damage, but Jeremy said we wanted a report too. The guy looked at the cop and asked, "well looking at this, whose fault do you think this is?" the cop said, "Yours" (while looking at the guy) so the guy politely offered to settle out of insurance.
2 days later we got some more snow and bad weather. Jeremy called me around noon to tell me that my car is bad luck, he got rear ended! He was stopped at a stop light, waiting to turn left, when this lady ran right into him. He said she wasn't paying attention and going to fast for the condition. He wasn't going to call the police, he said he was just going to get her drivers license and insurance information, but she didn't have any of that on her. So, he called the police! She was adamant that she had valid insurance and DL. The cop verified her DL, and gave Jeremy his name and phone number and said if he had problems obtaining her insurance information, to call him and they would arrest her. 
So fast forward to today, we are getting the side view mirror fixed. The guy is paying for the damage and paying the body shop directly. We also had an estimate for the bumper, which when you look at it, there is one tiny dent and nothing else. Apparently the bumper was knocked loose, and the estimate is only an estimate and they won't know the amount of damage until they take the bumper off. Jeremy called the lady on Wednesday and left a message and then called again yesterday. She still hasn't called back. Next step - calling the cops to have her arrested! Joy, can't wait to see how this plays out.

1 comment: