Sunday, January 23, 2011

I did it!

Last Thursday, I braved the icy roads and headed to take my NCLEX exam. My test time was 8am and got there almost on time. 3 1/2 hours and approx 160 questions later - my test shut off. I walked out of the testing center, got in my car and bawled my eyes out! I was so nervous and relieved. I went in with the expectation that I would get 265 questions and it would take me quite a few hours. The waiting game was the hardest part - they said test results are available about 48 hours after you take the test. Saturday morning, I woke up and was prepared to pay the $8 to the pearsonvue testing center to view my exam results. Before I did that, I check the board of nursing website to see if I had a valid RN license - and I DID! I screamed out to Jeremy that I passed and started crying. WHY? No clue, but I was just relived. I am so happy that I don't have to go through that process again and am really happy that now I can focus on getting the house in order and ready for Logan. I called my mom and other family members and they were really happy for me. No one knew when I was scheduled to take the exam, and I'm glad I did it that way. I felt a lot less pressure and was very calm and at ease when I took my test. I'm just so happy I passed and am officially an RN!

No comments:

Post a Comment